Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Christmas Failure...

I don't celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday (who REALLY does nowadays), but more as a celebratory event. My girlfriend LOVES Christmas for the same reason.

She went home for the holiday break, and won't be coming back until the next few days. Since she and all my other friends went home for the break, it left me all alone at home, drinking beer, watching TV, and helping people with their relationships through this community forum-based site. I guess it's my way of submitting my 'deed of the day.'

So since she left, this leaves me a couple of days to do my holiday shopping for her, right? WRONG. I've been working like a dog since she left, and no time to even do the dishes.

I had today off, and so I decided to go shopping, since I'm not going to have time for it by the time she gets here. As I'm shopping, Everything that she "hinted" on that I needed to get her went down the tubes. And the 'tubes' meaning it's all out of stock! I ran around stores, looked high and low, left and right... nothing.

It's a HUGE plush teddy bear and a recipe notebook that we found at Sam's Club a few weeks earlier. I go in there today, and nothing. They were out of both, and that was my plan A with no plan B. I went frantically to every Sam's Club in the area and nothing. I just love their customer service also. They really don't care that that's all she wants and that's my only day off to get those things. I mean it's not about those items, it's the sentimental value that she placed on them  when she said the magical words, "oh I'd love these for Christmas!" I tried to show that I didn't care, but I had it branded in my head that I was gonna get these right when I had a chance to.

And now they're gone. Along with a bunch of other little things. WTF am I to do now?

I went online, went to their website, they wouldn't even tell me which store they had them in stock in! I had to insert the store closest to me first, then they tell me that that particular store is out of that item. Then I have to go back, select another store, and it's either "Not Available" or, you guessed it, "Out of Stock."

I just don't know what to do. I hate Christmas and all the countless people that shove everything in their cart as if it's a race for who could get things first and who got the most. There's too many people in this world. I'm just in a mood right now where I'm hating on a lot of things.

I gotta work on projects, clean the apartment, and do a lot of other stuff to prepare for a 6-day workweek that I'm not gonna have enough time to do much else for. It's sad.

I just had to get this all off of my chest, and since I have no one following or probably reading this blog, I guess it's just a way to vent to myself and for myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment